Short Promo Producer
Salt + Light TV is looking for a talented individual with a fresh new perspective to add to our dynamic creative team. Do you thrive in an environment where creative freedom is encouraged and collaboration is the norm? You might be exactly who we’ve been looking for!
Short promo producer will have some experience in producing on-air/digital commercial content and station image on-air promotion spots. This position will be expected to write, produce, shoot and edit various short promos. Expertise in writing, producing, shooting and editing focused and original ads that successfully promote our shows and station.
- Work closely with the producing and marketing team to write, shoot, produce and edit compelling on-air promos, trailers and station’s ID’s
- Creating and managing original production shoots
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling timely delivery of creative product.
- Deliver finished products for TV and social media as directed
- Maintains accurate files on all projects including scripts, audio/video notes, v/o talent information and music sources.
- Proficient editing with Adobe Premiere / After Effects / Avid Media Composer
- Work closely with the production and marketing teams to produce promos that provide viewers with a compelling reason to turn to Salt + Light TV over the competition.
- College degree/ Film/Production/Journalism
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience at a television station, network or agency
- Must be highly creative, innovative and have strong writing, video, original production and editing skills
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proficiency with non-linear editing equipment, specifically Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer
- Proficiency with Photoshop, After Effects
- Experience running shoots and original production
- Great Attitude
- Social Media Fluency
- Available to work weekends & evenings and occasional holiday (when needed)
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record as travel may be required.
- Daily presence in the Toronto-based office.
- Note: We are currently working remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we look forward to returning to the office when it is safe to do so.
How to Apply
Please submit the following with your application:
- Cover Letter
- PDF portfolio or portfolio link
Type of Contract
- Please note this is a fixed term contract that has the possibility of being extended.
- The Government of Canada is funding this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
References required upon request.
Deadline for Application
Please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly identify “Junior Graphic Designer” in the subject line. Application deadline is May 14,2021.
We thank all applicants and regret only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
We kindly request no phone solicitations.
Salt + Light Media is devoted to spreading the light of Christ through television, social media, print, and other forms of digital communication in English, French, and Chinese. Dedicated to being – and helping others become – the salt of the earth and the light of the world (Matthew 5:13-14), Salt + Light Media’s mission is to proclaim Jesus Christ and the joy of the Gospel to the world by telling stories of hope that bring people closer to Christ and the Catholic faith.